The season of hosting has arrived and we’ve partnered with our friends at Joybird to help you set the whole scene. Creating the right mood starts with the dining room - the plates you cherish, the linens you’ve collected, the table that holds your loved ones. This holiday season, find the pieces that make a seat at your holiday table a gift. Read on for our fall tablescape tips and picks.
2. Set the table the morning of your dinner party so you can focus on the food and getting yourself ready (if the host is feeling good, the guests will follow suit).
3. For the tablescape, start with the plate color as your inspiration, then choose the supporting characters. We chose Canyon Big Plates and Midnight Small Plates to add contrast and a little drama for the changing season.
5. A linen napkin really elevates the table, adding another layer of texture and in this case a pattern.
6. We’re going for a slightly more formal affair to kick off the entertaining season so we have the Small Plate set on top of the Big Plate for our two courses. Forks go on the left of the plate (smallest on the far left), and the knife and spoon go on the right side of the plate (spoon on the far right).
7. Our Low Serving Bowl is the perfect dish to showcase beautiful seasonal fruit, which we love as part of the centerpiece next to a Bud Vase with an arrangement foraged from our own backyard.
8. Lastly, always add candlelight, don’t repeat a playlist, and make sure dessert gets its moment.